baslinux - [BL] Re: zip drives with BL

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: zip drives with BL
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:25:25 +1100

Hi Sindi,

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:20:35 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> We have an internal zip drive (IDE or ATAPI) for which we need only a
> DOS-formatted disk and aspiatap.sys or aspiide.sys in config.sys (from
> IOMEGA's website). What is the linux equivalent of these sys files?

I also have an internal Iomega ZIP drive (100 MB) that I use in DOS and
BL2.
I have the bare.i kernal from SW7.1.

There is some software for Linux at the Iomega website.
It is quite small, so I have attached it to this email. (iw = IomegaWare)

The trick was to NOT have the thing configured/installed in my BIOS,
but to load GUEST (in DOS) and use iw in scripts (for Linux).

I have created a mounting point for the ZIP drive /zipdos
and a couple of executables for mounting and unmounting the disk.
You will need to have a disk IN the drive to be able to do that.

I haven't tried with a parallel-port or scsi drive.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke