baslinux - [BL] BL3 abiword

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 abiword
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:42:21 +0000 (UTC)

I cannot get the latest posted abiword.tgz for BL3 to work in BL3 on two computers with the old or the new Xvesa.
extension XFree86-Misc missing on display.....
And the usual about locales missing, and Gdk.

What might be going wrong? I just downloaded the same package again and reinstalled it. I have some Abiword working with BL3 on another computer (at another address). Was icewm updated to work with it?

My USR external 56K modem is still working perfectly with BL2 (at port speed 56700) but with BL3 it won't connect, says something about bit 7 always set to 1. Is the BL2 epppd significantly newer? I hope you can update epppd if you compile BL4 with uClibc. I will be taking out my 28K internal modem in order to put in an ISA scsi card and need to use the external one. A temporary solution might be to upgrade to glibc2 and use a later epppd from BL2.