baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:58:41 +0000 (UTC)

I just tested Xvesa in BL3 while online, and twice had a serious problem with it. I changed from the Xvesa terminal to a console mode terminal (don't recall the exact numbers) and when I tried to switch back to X I was not able to access either terminal (no blinking cursor), the CLI terminal continued to display, and I could not even reboot.
This is a dual monitor system (VGA and MDA).

I am back using the old Xvesa for BL3 and just managed to reproduce the problem while offline. I see vc1 and cannot use it or change to vc4 (the X terminal). I will try this eventually on a 1-monitor system to see if I need to simply avoid Xvesa in BL3.

Abiword starts to load with the newest icewm for Bl3 but when I hit Enter a couple of times to acknowledge the error messages it goes away.