baslinux - [BL] zip drives with BL

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] zip drives with BL
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:20:35 +0000 (UTC)

We have an internal zip drive (IDE or ATAPI) for which we need only a DOS-formatted disk and aspiatap.sys or aspiide.sys in config.sys (from IOMEGA's website). What is the linux equivalent of these sys files?

We also have two scsi external drives for which I know we need the proper scsi card module (aic7xxx and aha152x.o) but then what do I need to do in linux? I got SANE working with a scanner and plan to plug the zip drive into the scanner and load the scsi modules (same as for cdrecord). Will the BL2 kernel work for this?

We have not used zip drives at all before. I have the zip drive mini howto but cannot figure it out. Do I need ppa.o for non-parallel-port drives?