baslinux - [BL] modem share with windows and linux

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] modem share with windows and linux
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:35:23 +0000 (UTC)

Ok, touching on this subject again. I've finally got everything connected
and telnetting from my windows machine to my linux box. Because I have a
winmodem, I can't use my linux box as my connection to the internet. For
this reason, I've got to surf from windows. I would like to be capable of
using my linux machine to access the internet though. I know that a proxy
server will allow this, but it will only allow it for certain programs
that can be configured to filter data through a proxy (web browsers most
notably). I wouldl ike to be capable of using ftp and telnet from linux to
the internet. Since I only have the command line version of these programs
in linux, I can't configure them to route through a proxy server. Is there
any other method of performing modem sharing without having to configure
programs to filter trhough a proxy server?

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org