baslinux - [BL] rpm2tgz and busybox 'find'

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] rpm2tgz and busybox 'find'
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:07:11 -0500 (EST)

I have installed rpm.tgz, which includes rpm2tgz (used to convert rpm to
tgz files) and rpm (used with switch -i to install rpm files). Neither
seems to work.

rpm2tgz antiword.tgz gives me the message:
Busybox ................. multi-call binary
Usage: find [PATH...] [EXPRESSION]
(and some more about expressions)

The input file is 138K, output antiword.tgz 128 bytes!

Running rpm similarly gives several messages about busybox usage
and also something about not finding some things which are really there
(such as /bin/sh andld-linux.so.2).

Nothing got installed. The program seems to have quit.

Is it possible that rpm2tgz and rpm need a larger version of find?
There is a separate find.tgz in SW7, would I need the whole package or
just the one small find file? I vaguely recall some problem in an earlier
BL2 due to an inadequate command in busybox.

Could someone else try rpm2tgz with bl2 please?

I would appreciate responses sent to both the list and to me since I
don't seem to have rejoined it yet. I signed up but did not hear back
from them with a password and am not getting list mail.