baslinux - Re: [BL] rpm2tgz and busybox 'find'

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] rpm2tgz and busybox 'find'
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:56:20 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/photopc.
>
> Can we put this somewhere to load automatically,

That change is permanent. It does not disappear when
you reboot.

> will it confuse things since the mouse for X is already
> set for Com1?

Perhaps.

> (Can they share the port?)

If you are not running X, then there will be no problem
using that port for something else.

> We could set the mouse to com3 (if I can remember where and how)

Do "dir /dev/mouse" and see what it says. If it shows /dev/mouse
pointing at /dev/ttyS0, then do this:
---------------------------
rm /dev/mouse
ln -s /dev/ttyS2 /dev/mouse
Then do "dir /dev/mouse" again and see if it pointing where you
want.

> - your BL2-x program did not offer Com3 as an option.

Usually, the mouse goes on com1 or com2. The mouse should probably
go on com2 (with no clash from com4). com1/com3 should be used for
two devices not used at the same time (like photocd and modem). Or
you could try changing the IRQ on com3 so it doesn't clash with com1.

> Com2 is the internal modem.

Can it be re-jumpered to com3 ?