baslinux - Fw: Re: [BL] rpm2tgz and busybox 'find'

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Fw: Re: [BL] rpm2tgz and busybox 'find'
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:39:55 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> You don't think installing the larger version of 'find'
> instead of the busybox one would help get rpm to work?

It will get you past that particular error. However, it
wouldn't surprise me to run into some other missing option
in that script. A script that uses one weird option is
likely to use another one.

> There is a line in this script starting:
> find . -type -d -perm 700
>
> Are -type and -d parameters not recognized by busybox?

If you execute: find --help
-follow Dereference symbolic links.
-name PATTERN File name matches PATTERN.
-print Print (default and assumed).
-type X Filetype matches X (X is one of: f,d,l,b,c,...)
-perm PERMS Permissions match +NNN, -NNN, or NNN
-mtime TIME Modified time +N, -N or N days
-newer FILE Modified time is more recent than FILE's

As you can see, it recognizes both -type and -perm. However, it
appears that busybox needs -type d (not -type -d). Try removing
the - from the d and see what happens.

> it also cannot find /dev/photopc.

That doesn't appear to be a standard device. Perhaps it is
just a symbolic link to whatever port you plug into?

> to define the camera as a serial device on com1 (ttyS0).

Maybe the following:
-----------------------------
ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/photopc
-----------------------------

> I will give the antiword rpm file another try after installing find.tgz.

Did you see the following:

> > There is no need to use the rpm for antiword -- a version
> > that works on BL2 is available at one of the download sites
> > listed on "Where to get add-ons for BasicLinux".

It's on the main BL2 download site. It's a Slackware-type
package. Install with installpkg or pkgtool.

> To install opera do I uncompress the .tar.gz static file and
> then type ./doinstall?

You uncompress (tar -zxvf) to a temporary directory and execute
install.sh