baslinux - Re: [BL] very local network

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] very local network
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:40:19 +1300

Sean Sedwards wrote:

> There's obviously something wrong with my setup if
> you managed to do it,

I've just tested it again and it works fine.
Start web server: thttpd -d /home/ichi/html/
Execute d, press g: http://localhost

> The error on BL is 'connection refused',

Probably something wrong with your server.

> I'd be interested to know the settings you used, Steven,
> when you got your server to work.

No special settings. Just booted the ramdisk BL2, copied
thttpd from floppy to /tmp, copied hotlist.html from /root
to /tmp and renamed it index.htm (to give thttpd something
to serve) and executed 'thttpd'. No worries.

> Perhaps you could suggest something else I could do, using
> standard BL commands, to test my setup.

I suggest you try using thttpd (available at the BasicLinux
download site).