b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:56:18 -0700

Jim:

I should take to heart what I wrote here:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/b-hebrew/2009-May/038542.html

But the second part is still accurate, namely that the era described by the
Tel Amarna letters best describes ninth to eight centuries BC iron age, not
late bronze age. Hence this statement from 1 Kings makes sense if these are
Egyptians.

Jim Stinehart