b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:14:34 +1000

Well, we definitely will not agree on this one, Karl. Akhenaton was
definitely 14th century BC, and Amarna belongs squarely in his reign.
Settlement in Palestine might have been thin at this time, but there were
still political entities there. This is even why it is probable that there
were Israelite and Judean polities in the sparsely urbanised Iron I period.

I know you always scorn scholarly consensus, but you've really gone out on a
limb with this one. I'm afraid I can't join you there this time, my friend.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au