b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 00:03:26 +0300

Jim,

many of us who read the bible (like Karl and I) are already convinced that
not only Genesis 14 is accurate history but pretty all of Genesis, the torah
in general, Joshua, Judges, Samuel and Kings. In fact, we're pretty much
convinced that no other contemporary nation has such an accurate history as
that of Israel with this collection of books.

Where you lose people, even those who doubt the authenticity of Genesis and
the reliability of its contents, is your blatant refusal in face of the
linguistic facts that the story of Sodom and Gomorah relates how a once
fertile region became a desolate waste. When you make claims such as no
mountains South of the dead sea you alienate your readership even further. I
was in the Arabah only a few weeks ago as I made my way from Eilat to
Jerusalem for the passover along the King's highway and I can assure you
that there is a mountain range on the Israel - Jordan border that stretches
from Aqaba right the way up to the dead sea. I can also assure you that many
of the mountains have a distinct reddish colour which we associate with
Edom.

Your blatant refusal to engage with these facts make you look like a Dan
Brown wannabe who is trying to gain a following with contraversial theories
that to the uneducated may look seductive but don't stand up to any form of
close scrutiny. Yigal, wisely, has chosen to refrain from answering you
because time and again you have shown that trying to present the facts to
you is a pointless exercise.

James Christian