b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:24:25 +0300

Dear Jim Stinehart,

Please do not put words in my mouth. I have never claimed that Hazazon Tamar
is the same as the Roman Tamar, at Hazevah south of the Dead Sea. In fact,
if you look at 2 Chr. 20:2, you'll see Hazazon Tamar identified there with
En Gedi, which makes perfect sense. This, however, does not make either Gen.
14 or 2 Chr. 20 "historical".

Yigal Levin