b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proposed transliteration scheme for computer

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proposed transliteration scheme for computer
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:16:31 +0200

I'm not sure what "velarized" means, but practically no speakers of Hebrew (including non-speakers who read Hebrew in prayer or study) actually pronounce Tet differently than Tav. For most, they are like J and hard (or is it soft?) G in English - pronounced the same, but any educated person does not confuse them in spelling.

Yigal Levin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Riley" <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>