b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proposed transliteration scheme for computer

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proposed transliteration scheme for computer
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:34:10 +0200

I agree. The present system has one Latin letter or sign for each Hebrew letter. The fact that most of us pronounce Tav and Tet the same does not make them the same letter. Representing the vowels is more difficult, but usually less important to our discussions.
But as George has already stated, what's important is that we make ourselves understood.

Yigal
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Hare" <jaihare AT gmail.com>