b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proposed transliteration scheme for computer

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proposed transliteration scheme for computer
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 08:27:10 +0200

Hey all,

I just wanted to chime in and say that as "unintuitive" as the current
scheme is, I think it is much clearer than those proposed. I don't
understand how tet could come to be represented as an aspirated
consonant (Th). Personally, I quite like the system as it's been.
Don't know what it's worth, but I just thought I would state my two
cents. I agree that F for kamats and " for tsere feels a bit strange
at first, but you get used to the system if you just use it.

Regards,
Jason Hare