b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Language, migration and Jewish identity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "jason silber" <uzisilber AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, "Dgahler782 AT aol.com" <Dgahler782 AT aol.com>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Language, migration and Jewish identity
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:11:00 -0700

I am not an expert on either German nor Yiddish, but I lived in Germany.

Of the dialects I was exposed to in Germany, Yiddish is closest to
those spoken in south western traditional German lands around where
Rashi lived. Just my observation.

But this is getting off of B-Hebrew. What it proves it up to you.

Just my 2¢.

Karl W. Randolph.