b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Language, migration and Jewish identity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>, "B Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Language, migration and Jewish identity
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:45:32 -0800

Dear Yitzhak,

Interesting history.

It would seem also plausible that since the Hebrews were Goshen for 430 years
(since the Egyptians did not like shepherds, Genesis 46:34) that other than
trade talk, there would be little interaction between the Egyptians and the
Hebrews (even more so after the enslavement).

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III