b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Fonts etc.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: peterkirk AT qaya.org, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Fonts etc.
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:21:35 EST

In a message dated 3/29/2004 12:54:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
peterkirk AT qaya.org writes:
Another good reason for using Hebrew text is for the mother tongue
Hebrew speakers on the list. It doesn't exactly make things easier for
them, or make for better relationships, when we western Christians
insist on using our script for their language. We wouldn't be very happy
if they wrote our language in their script, would we?

Huh?! What's this supposed to mean. I wasn't aware we were speaking a
Christian language with or without a Hebrew script. I thought we were
discussing
biblical Hebrew which of necessity involves what we Christians call the Old
Testament but our Jewish friends simply the Bible or the TANAK. Please
explain.

gfsomsel