xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Performance of Java XPath engines

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: shirasu hiroyuki <hirsh AT s9.dion.ne.jp>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Performance of Java XPath engines
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:31:27 -0800

On Jan 19, 2005, at 12:14 AM, shirasu hiroyuki wrote:

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion.

I would also suggest bumping the number of repetitions to a larger
number. The idea is to have each test case run for, say > 5 secs. That
way the results become more reliable considering hotspot VM
compilation, and hence more relevant. Adding some more complex
expressions might be interesting as well.

According your suggestion, I hope to improve my test mesurements.

You could also try using the stringified patch for XOM's Text.java. That should speed up queries that use the string-value of elements and texts a lot, for any XPath impl running over XOM. It's included in the xom.jar shipping with Nux. Here is the source: http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/xom-patches/