xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Use in EJBs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Bill de hÓra <bill AT dehora.net>
  • To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Rich Sezov <sezovr AT yahoo.com>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Use in EJBs
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:53:28 +0000

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

At 1:29 PM -0800 2/2/04, Rich Sezov wrote:

I can't see any way to get around this, so I don't
think XOM is usable in EJB apps. Do you have any tips
for getting XOM to work in an EJB? If not, would you
please reconsider making XOM's objects serializable?

I really don't know much about EJBs myself. The XOM classes aren't going to be Serializable in 1.0. That's pretty firm.

I'm not an ejb fan, but try marking XOM backed fields as transient. Failing that you can use Local interfaces for the non-distributed case.

Bill de hÓra