xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Base URIs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Base URIs
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:04:00 +0200

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
We need to find a way to either ease subclassing of these or prevent it by using "pluggable behaviour classes" like TextWriter.

Do you have something specific in mind?

Not really. I was just wondering how I could implement a custom Serializer that provides special handling of xml:base attribute; for example a serializer that makes sure all xlink:hrefs are absolute URIs.
As of today, i'll be quite difficult if the xml:base storage is package-protected but also because there is no write(Attribute) method. I'd have to overwrite the write(Element) method.

Laurent