xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Base URIs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Base URIs
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:30:49 -0400

At 5:06 PM +0200 9/25/02, Laurent Bihanic wrote:

On Element and Document shall it try to resolve absent or relative URIs using the parent's base URI? If yes, how does an application retrieve the actual base URI it has just set?

I'm not sure. More good questions.

Maybe Node needs a resolveBaseURI() method, get/setBaseURI being only defined by ParentNode. Another possibility would be for getBaseURI() to do the resolution while readAttribute("xml:base") returns the actual local value.

Possible.

How will the Serializer deal with base URIs? It can't use getBaseURI() if this method resolves the URI using the parent's. It'll need direct acces to the actual string value (possibly null or relative).

That's easy. Since Serializer is in the nu.xom package I can expose the extra information through a package-protected method or field as necessary.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo AT metalab.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
| XML in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition (O'Reilly, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xian2/ |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0596002920/cafeaulaitA/ |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |