xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Base URIs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Base URIs
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:51:14 +0200

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
setBaseURI() makes only sense for Element and Document nodes.

No, consider an external entity reference or an XInclude that loads up a document containing only text, comments, and processing instructions. These would have a base URI that differs from the base of their parent element. So I think that setBaseURI does make sense for these kinds of nodes. It only really doesn't make sense for document type declarations and attributes.

How would the serializer deal with these? What if the parent element already has a xml:base attribute? I don't think it is allowed for an element to have several xml:base attributes.

Laurent