wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Peaches? Did someone say peaches?!?!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Peaches? Did someone say peaches?!?!
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:24:11 -0400

Hi friends!

In this e-mail:
Peaches!
Co-op Advantage Specials!
Upcoming events!
The board and our bylaws!

Produce so fresh you'll want to slap it!
Somehow, peaches have made their way to us and they are pretty excellent!

We've got Texas Hill Country Peaches and Organic Peaches. Our peaches carry the warning: Caution: Extremely delicious! Peaches are one of the best parts of Spring and summer and they don't last forever (especially the Hill Country ones!) So, get on over here and get some! You'll be glad that you did!

Also in produce, Organic Strawberries that are reported as very tasty, too!

Jump into the season with yummy fruit!

Wheatsville's Co-op Advantage Specials are perfect for a picnic or grill out!

Here some selected items on sale all month long at your co-op!

Lightlife Tofu Pups and Smart Dogs for $2.69
Boca Veggie Burgers for $3.49
Alexia Foods French Fries for $1.99
Rudi's Organic Hamburger Buns for $2.69
Annie's Naturals Organic Mustard for $2.49
RW Knudsen SPritzers six-packs for $3.99
Guiltless Gourmet Baked Tortilla Chips for $1.69
RW Knudsen Recharge (selected varieties...) 2 for $3!
Much more on sale see them at http://wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW0507_final.pdf

Upcoming events!
Friday May 18th is Bike to Work Day.
As always, Wheatsville will be encouraging human powered transit by hosting a breakfast station for those excellent souls that ride their bike to work! We'll have light breakfast from 7-9am, so ride on over and say hello!

We are having a fun sample day next weekend!
Please join us for our first ever G-R-R-Rill Off. We'll be cooking up natural dogs and sausages and their vegetarian equivalents Saturday May 19th from 2-6 trying to decide which ones taste best! And you can help! Come on out and join us!
(And now a word from your board of directors!)
The Board, Bylaws and You!

Dear Wheatsville Member-Owner,

As you know, our cooperatively-owned business is a special thing for many reasons. One aspect that makes us distinct is that each member has an equal voice in this democracy of ownership.

Our Bylaws are a fundamental basis for how we operate as a cooperative, and how our democracy is made manifest. Our Co-op has been flourishing over the past many years, and beautiful change and growth continue to arrive like the spring.

As our organization has grown and will continue to evolve, the Bylaws should continue to provide a healthy foundation for our operations, both today and into the future. It is for this reason that the Board of Directors has embarked on a process to update our Bylaws.

We take this task very seriously, and have been dedicated to the study of how to best engage in this work. The Board will be keeping an open line of communication to provide updates and to receive input from you. We have also been working with national co-op experts to help ensure that we will have a healthy foundation for our continuing growth.

Our current Bylaws are posted on our website: http://www.wheatsville.coop/pop_bylaws.html

Please feel free to contact us at any time, and if you have any specific ideas, suggestions, or concerns regarding our Bylaws, please contact rose marie klee at rmk AT alumni.utexas.net.

As we advance in this process, we will have various forums to update you and to receive feedback. There will also be opportunities for member-owners to review proposed changes, provide comments, and to review the final recommended changes prior to a store vote.

Cooperatively Yours,
The Wheatsville Board of Directors

Bob Kinney – president
Colin Borchert – secretary
Jane Kurzawa Cravey – treasurer
Bryan Butler, Marilyn Fowler, Rose Marie Klee, Johnny Livesay, Anthony Piccola, Jimmy Robertson

I hope you have a great week!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Peaches? Did someone say peaches?!?!, Dan Gillotte, 05/10/2007