wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day SATURDAY

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day SATURDAY
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:07:12 -0500

Hi folks... not trying to be a pest, but there are lots of things happening and I want to make sure you know about them. We would love to see you!

This Saturday October 16th <<TOMORROW>> is Member Appreciation Day! All members receive 10% off all their purchases all day. It's a great day to send your non-member friends over to join and save some money! Great samples from 12-4 throughout the store! Note: This was published as being on October 18th in the Breeze, so disregard that date.

<<Sunday>> Wheatsville is a proud sponsor of the Lonestar Vegetarian Chili Cook-off this Sunday October 17th from 12-4 at the Austin Zoo. The Wheatsville deli will be competing with our delicious Tempeh Chili with other great vegetarian chili teams from across the state! For more info: http://www.vegnetaustin.org

An ACC group will be conducting a food drive to benefit Meals on Wheels next week. Please help out this deserving group if you can. Friday Oct. 22nd from 12-3, Saturday Oct. 23rd from 10-2. They will be set up right in front of the store accepting Canned or packaged food and other items (such as deodorant, soap, etc.)

Later in the month we will host our Member Gathering at the Alamo Drafthouse downtown on Sat. October 30th from 3-6pm. Light refreshment, meet the board (and board hopefuls), hear about the (great) state of the co-op and watch some short films including one called Sweet Soil, produced by the Berkshire Co-op and highlighting the connection between local producers and their co-op. All are welcome to this free event. Afterwards, head over to Congress for the Dia de los Muertes parade from 6:30 on. Since it's Halloween time, costumes are encouraged, but not necessary.

Please participate in co-op democracy (where your vote really counts!) and vote in our Board/ Community Action Wednesday/ Boycott election happening NOW! You can even vote on-line thanks to the hard work of Aldia Bluewillow! Special thanks to our web host Michael Bluejay at Web-site Helpers http://www.websitehelpers.com/
Vote now at http://www.wheatsville.com/election/index.html
There is information about the candidates and organizations on the site!

We hope to see you at one or more of these events!

Thank you for supporting your community co-op grocery!
Dan Gillotte
GM and e-mail guy
Wheatsville Co-op voted Best Specialty/ Gourmet Food Store and Best Place to be a Faux-vegetarian in the Austin Chronicle's Best of Austin 2004 poll!

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day SATURDAY, dan gillotte, 10/15/2004