unclug - [unclug] RHEL 3 & Fedora package additions

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: John Reuning <john AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] RHEL 3 & Fedora package additions
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:10:46 -0400

The last thread on the list indicated that everyone is happily running
their Linux servers. Our systems are happy with a few additions. I've
started a package repository here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/john/rpms/

Brief descriptions are below, but one thing that may interest you is the
rhn-unc-proxy package. It bundles the SSL certificate of the UNC rhn
proxy server, rhn.unc.edu, with the configuration changes to make your
system pull updates from the proxy. You can even issue the rpm command
with the package URL:

rpm -ivh
http://www.ibiblio.org/john/rpms/rhel3/rhn-unc-proxy-1.0-1.noarch.rpm

cronolog - Apache log datestamping tool
WindowMaker - Nextstep-like desktop manager
rhn-unc-proxy - Makes a system use rhn.unc.edu
stak - Network traffic analysis toolkit
xlockmore - Screensaver with X session locking

If anyone is interested in contributing packages or would like to see
other things, let me know. I also have a bunch of apache 1.3, php, and
perl packages that we add to our web servers.

Thanks,

-jrr

  • [unclug] RHEL 3 & Fedora package additions, John Reuning, 09/08/2004