unclug - Re: [unclug] Red Hat AS from RHN

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Matthew Mauzy <mauzy AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Red Hat AS from RHN
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:08:04 -0400

When I talked to the folks at redhat 2 weeks ago, the answer was: "normally for updates only disk 1 is changed, but we made so many changes across the board that we just re-spun the entire 4 disk set". And yes, RHEL3u2 is a full distro that you can install from.

I also asked them if you have a system that installed from RHEL3 and have kept up to date via rhn and you install a fresh system from RHEL3u2 CDs are these the same system ... the answer was yes, we think so. (This was from the instructor teaching the RedHat class I was taking.)

That answer your question or do I need another cup of coffee?

--Matthew