unclug - Re: [unclug] Red Hat AS from RHN

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Brian Payst <brian_payst AT unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Red Hat AS from RHN
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:52:02 -0400

I ignored the update ISOs and just ran up2date after the install, it pulled down a fair number of updates. My assumption was this would get me the same thing. If anyone finds out otherwise, it would be nice to know.

Jeff Bollinger wrote:

Just downloaded the RedHat AS v. 3 from the RedHat Network w/ the campus site license (4 ISOs!). Anyone know about the "Update" ISOs? There seems to be two updates (1 and 2) that have another 4 ISOs each. Are these actual distributions or just updates? Is there an impetus to install the update ISOs, and if so, is there a special order in which they have to be installed?

Thanks,
Jeff