typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] THE SLITS REFORM FOR NEW SHOWS

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] THE SLITS REFORM FOR NEW SHOWS
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 02:48:07 -0800

Good point Tobi. It wasn't intentional. I was just thinking about the past and so wrote in the past tense.

At 2:36 AM -0800 11/19/08, Tobi Vail wrote:

hi sharon, just curious, but why the past tense? this is still true for many - punk is still an active, useful methodology
i understand this is in reference to a specific era on a 'post'-punk list (a term i think is not useful because aesthetic lineage is no longer.... linear),\

but to get to my point--as someone who is seeing a lot of punk women playing house shows around town, i still think what you are saying is true