typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] teenage jesus reunion

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: hunnypi007 AT aol.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] teenage jesus reunion
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:58:29 -0400

Why? The almighty dollar (esp. since it's not so mighty these days), of course. I think it'll still be a "fuck you to the audience," since that is practically their trademarked stance. It's like if GG Allin didn't fling shit into the audience at a show. People would be disappointed. They want to be scared. LL will have to berate the audience—and perhaps tell them to stop singing along—and it will seem cliche now, even if it still truly reflects her personality. Still, since I can't go back in time, I'll have to attend the show. Curiosity won't kill this cat, although I certainly respect your purism, Weasel. I know it's 2008 and not 1978 and will partake with that perspective firmly in place.

LZ

-----Original Message (excerpt)-----