typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] teenage jesus reunion

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: weasel walter <weaselw AT juno.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] teenage jesus reunion
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:50:49 -0700

does what make you old??? continuing to play in the context of bush tetras . . . nah.  you guys took breaks and came back and kept writing new material and changing. it's totally different.

i mean, you've clearly grown and progressed as a musician too, branching out into free improvisation and stuff like that. i've heard freedomland . . . you really throw down! i was really pleasantly surprised when i finally heard some of your improv stuff. so . . . the whole thing is just to grow and do more. furthermore i think we can all incorporate our past bodies of work into the present without being nostalgic, but this teenage jesus thing doesn't seem right to me.

the whole thing about teenage jesus was nihilism, 10 minute sets, short songs, etc.  why come back and do a greatest hits set when the whole thing was a big fuck you to the audience anyways???

ww