typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] teenage jesus reunion

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dee Papadopoulos <deepop AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] teenage jesus reunion
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:42:13 -0400

aw shucks
On Apr 11, 2008, at 6:11 PM, Bryan Swirsky wrote:

dee, you will never be old!

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Dee Papadopoulos <deepop AT earthlink.net> wrote:
or does that just make me old?

On Apr 11, 2008, at 5:49 PM, weasel walter wrote:

you all can refer to me as weasel, btw. "walter" is the last name that the
members of my immediate family use.

i gotta say i'm scared the thing is going to suck. i don't want my fantasies
about the band destroyed by a nostalgia routine. oh well . . . too bad for
me.

i can't/won't be there probably more for how scared i am of the audience,
not necessarily the band. i generally find it nauseating when something that
wasn't popular or liked when it happened becomes cool and awesome later on.
the best thing that could come out of it is that teenage jesus revolts or
punishes the audience. that would be in line with the concept.

the idea of having to stand in the audience next to some smiling idiot
mouthing the words to "orphans" like they're at a fucking pixies concert is
just totally vomit inducing to me. sorry, but i know this is going to be the
case.

teenage jesus was great because they did it great and got out while the
getting was good. i'm not anxious to see them trot it out again because it
basically defeats the purpose of their original intent. call me a purist. i
don't care.

ww