typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Raincoats cover concert

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "amy rude" <amy.musicforgirls AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats cover concert
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:05:45 -0800

I am a musician living in Tucson, AZ and only recently joined this
listserve. I recently covered Raincoat's songs with some women at a
local benefit for a local women's shleter.
I have a copy of the recording if anyone is interested in hearing five
girls from Tucson and their (freakishly accurate in places)
interpretations of "No looking, The Void, In Love and Fairytale in the
Supermarket.)

I am incidently also writing a master's thesis focussing on girls and
rock culture (I volunteer at the rock camp for girls in Portland, Ore.
in the summers) so this listserve has been really encouraging to my
research.

  • [TypicalGirls] Raincoats cover concert, amy rude, 03/20/2006