typicalgirls - Re: Re: [TypicalGirls] YMG @ Harrah DVD

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Hilary Jaeger" <jaema11 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <mike AT appelstein.com>, <TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Re: [TypicalGirls] YMG @ Harrah DVD
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:42:02 -0400

Hey All;
Just read your e-mails re: Hurrah's and TR3. I've talked to Thurston Moore
and Bryron Coley a bit about TR3...and putting something together, and I
know Mike volunteered space on his web-site once upon a time...(thanks!)
But my issue then was partly not having a scanner and then I started Nursing
School and that was that. (If all goes well I get my RN in May.)
But sad to say I have no film of Tier 3, and aside from a day I remember
Cookie Mueller and someone else shooting a scene at the bar for a film of
Eric Mitchell's..(I was there that afternoon for a sound check for 8 Eyed
Spy or The Raybeats..I was going with George Scott at the time and I
remember discussing The Weather Underground with him as we watched the
filming. Odd how I remember some things in incredible detail and others not
at all..guess that's the way it is..) well anyway..I don't know if there is
any film out there. I have some photos that I showed Dan and a few others
at the TG party awhile ago..and would love to see more if there are any out
there (Hello!!?)
Hope everyone's well by the way..I've been reading TG e-mail..never got it
together to switch to newer list..there is one isn't there?..but as you
know, haven't written in quite awhile.
The Hurrah's film, while dark or whatever sounds great...OK..now I'll sound
senile..did Hurrah's become Danceteria or did it close and Danceteria open
nearby? As far as staff there I remember Haoui Montaug at the door and then
Ruth Polsky booked it for awhile..Jim Fouratt maybe..come on you historians,
fill me in on where I was on many a night 1978-1981 ish.
Thanks,
Hilary
P.S. Well, it was 25 years ago. (ouch)