typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Stef Petticoat

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "dale b" <flop AT outgun.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Stef Petticoat
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:26:41 +0800

The Delta 5 retrospective is being released on Kill Rock Stars, the same
label responsible for the retrospectives for Lora Logic's Essential Logic and
Kleenex/Liliput.

As for the Petticoats, Stef Petticoat recorded many projects but there is not
much information available on them. She released a 7" on her own Bla Bla Bla
label under the name the Petticoats in 1980. The Petticoats 7" is Stef
Petticoat on guitar, vocals, bass, and drums. In 1981, she released a 7" on a
German label, Zick Zack, with Robert Crash. Stef Petticoat is also the singer
of Amy and the Angels, who make an appearance on the Making Waves compilation
out on Girlfriend Records. Amy and the Angels did at least one show with the
Gymslips in 1982. Much of her stuff was recorded at Street Level studios. I
have all of the stuff mentioned above as soundfiles and they are available on
filesharing programs. I can post them for people to hear if people would
like. If anybody has anymore information on her, please let me know.

- Dale
Outgun.com free e-mail @ www.outgun.com
Check out our Premium services - POP3 downloading, e-mail forwarding, and
25MB mailboxes!