typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Stef Petticoat

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: mustard hooves <mustardhooves AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Stef Petticoat
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:42:25 -0700 (PDT)

Amy and the Angels appear in a documentary (I guess?)
called "Sexism in Language" that is pretty
interesting. They are interviewed about a song called
"Manpower" that is pretty good, and shows the band in
a studio performing it, but don't know if it was
released elsewhere. Did they actually release
anything outside of the Making Waves comp track?
There is a lengthy interview with the Au Pairs and a
couple of performances, Lesley complete with a very
shaved head and dangly earings and Paul with very a
aerobic stage presence. A radom bit with a female
train conductor and all-male accapella group The Joeys
also appear, but interesting nonetheless if you can
ever track it down.

Kelly

Stef