typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Petticoats

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Petticoats
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

all I know is, and don't know if this was covered last
time, but they had a "punk" type single called Normal,
which was bootlegged on the Instant Pop Classics
collection, it's in a sort of Essential Logic type
style, though a bit more raw and quirky. I later
learned they did some more electro-punk type stuff
with a drum machine, with 3 or so tracks on a
compilation whose name I don't remember(usefull, I
know.) This stuff is pretty cool, a friend burned it
for me. Maybe I'll post the songs for a bit so people
can hear them, I'll let you know.

dan