typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Hello

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Alex Milopoulos <amilopoulos AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Hello
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:19:24 +0100 (BST)

Hello

My name is Alex and I'm from the UK. I've been on
this list for a while and really enjoy finding out
about different women in the punk scene. Got some
links that people might find interesting:

http://www.punk77.co.uk/punkettes/

This is a website dedicated to Women in Punk. Paul
also sells CDRs and you can get a CDR of the bootleg
'My Girlfriend Was A Punk' for £6.00 (check out the
Punk Shop & e-mail him).

www.activedistribution.org

This label stocks the Lost Cherrees dicography CD for
a good price, and you'll be supporting a punk distro
too! They also sell all the output of Harum Scarum.

www.youthclubtapeclub.com

These people have put out a 7" by a band called
Reverend Pike called 'Uglier & Less Able'. It's the
bands 2nd 7" and if you like Liliput and the Modettes
like me, you'll love it!

Also had two questions. Can anyone tell me info about
a band called The Petticoats. Where can I hear stuff
by them?

Also, which label is putting out the Delta 5
retrospective CD?

Thanks!

Alex

Messenger - all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com