typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Hello

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Andy RRR <rrrhythmetic AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Hello
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:40:50 +0100 (BST)

Hi Alex,

Funny you should mention the Petticoats, I also asked about them here a while back, but no-one seems to know anything. I remember Peel playing them/her (I think it was just one woman called Steph), but I never saw any records or read anything about the band.

You might be interested to know that the singer-guitarist from Reverend Pike has a new band, Wet Dog, who are completely great. They're playing at the Bring Yourself Fest in Bristol (organised by the kids behind last year's Ladyfest there), the weekend after this one, along with my band Linus and other truly exceptional female or female-fronted bands including Hooker and the Holy Terror. Other Youth Club Tape Clubbers will be there, too.

In fact anyone else here in the UK should go to that - it'll be amazing -www.bringyourselffest.com

- Andy

Alex Milopoulos <amilopoulos AT yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hello

My name is Alex and I'm from the UK. I've been on
this list for a while and really enjoy finding out
about different women in the punk scene. Got some
links that people might find interesting:

http://www.punk77.co.uk/punkettes/

This is a website dedicated to Women in Punk. Paul
also sells CDRs and you can get a CDR of the bootleg
'My Girlfriend Was A Punk' for £6.00 (check out the
Punk Shop & e-mail him).

www.activedistribution.org

This label stocks the Lost Cherrees dicography CD for
a good price, and you'll be supporting a punk distro
too! They also sell all the output of Harum Scarum.

www.youthclubtapeclub.com

These people have put out a 7" by a band called
Reverend Pike called 'Uglier & Less Able'. It's the
bands 2nd 7" and if you like Liliput and the Modettes
like me, you'll love it!

Also had two questions. Can anyone tell me info about
a band called The Petticoats. Where can I hear stuff
by them?

Also, which label is putting out the Delta 5
retrospective CD?

Thanks!

Alex