sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] pty and pseudo-tty

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Bob LeBlanc <ml AT maineham.us>
  • To: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] pty and pseudo-tty
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:54:44 +0000

Thanks Ruskie,

/dev/pts was not mounted.
I put it in my fstab and mounted it and it works..
Thanks again.

BoB

Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
On 17:31:48 2007-07-24 Bob LeBlanc <ml AT maineham.us> wrote:
Hi eveyone,

I am having a problem with pty and pseudo-tty after I bring up FVWM.
At this time I am running the same configuration file on 4 other SMGL boxes, one laptop and a slackware box and it works on all of them.
FVWM is already loaded when I get this error.

If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix this please let me
know.

BTW the man page for pty did not help me in solving this.

error msg:

----
aterm: can't open pseudo-tty
aterm: aborting
xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys
----

Is /dev/pts mounted or filled?
Try running it with strace to see what file it's trying to open.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C