sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] pty and pseudo-tty

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] pty and pseudo-tty
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:35:28 +0200

On 17:31:48 2007-07-24 Bob LeBlanc <ml AT maineham.us> wrote:
> Hi eveyone,
>
> I am having a problem with pty and pseudo-tty after I bring up FVWM.
> At this time I am running the same configuration file on 4 other SMGL
> boxes, one laptop and a slackware box and it works on all of them.
> FVWM is already loaded when I get this error.
>
> If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix this please let me
> know.
>
> BTW the man page for pty did not help me in solving this.
>
> error msg:
>
> ----
> aterm: can't open pseudo-tty
> aterm: aborting
> xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
> Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys
> ----

Is /dev/pts mounted or filled?
Try running it with strace to see what file it's trying to open.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C