sm-users - [SM-Users] pty and pseudo-tty

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Bob LeBlanc <ml AT maineham.us>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] pty and pseudo-tty
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:31:48 +0000

Hi eveyone,

I am having a problem with pty and pseudo-tty after I bring up FVWM.
At this time I am running the same configuration file on 4 other SMGL boxes, one laptop and a slackware box and it works on all of them.
FVWM is already loaded when I get this error.

If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix this please let me know.

BTW the man page for pty did not help me in solving this.

error msg:

----
aterm: can't open pseudo-tty
aterm: aborting
xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys
----

Thanks,

BoB