sm-users - [SM-Users] [SM-USERS] Grub beyond 0.97 version?

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] [SM-USERS] Grub beyond 0.97 version?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:43:46 -0600

Hi !

I've used what used to be called grub2, which is grub beyond 0.9*
(latest on that series is 0.97), and it's pretty nice. There's no
bootsplash support, but there's native colors supports and others...

Any ways, I wanted to use grub 1.95 version, but as there are spells
depending upon grub I don't really know how if just a personal spell
would take care of things.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions? Also, can an
initial installation skip the bootloader step? I mean, in a multi OS
boot system ideally one might allow only one of the OS's to control
and mantain the bootloader, and one might not want to touch the
already existant boot loader, but instead might want to add the new
system to its menu... Is this somehow possible?

Thanks,

--
Javier

  • [SM-Users] [SM-USERS] Grub beyond 0.97 version?, Javier Vasquez, 07/25/2007