sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:36:03 +0100

Am Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:04:44 +0200
schrieb Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>:

> > iIf you enabled this
> > option, you wouldn't be asked to continue using xorg to provide X11-LIBS
> > *unless* you used -r when casting. Would that work?
>
> I think it shouldn't be an extra option, but that the provider re-prompts
> shouldn't be asked at all if -r is not used. A recast should skip all
> pre-answered prompts the same way it does for config_queries now. (Maybe if

I want to express my full agreement with Juuso here.
What is the special reason to make provider depends always trigger a question
prompt?
Perhaps that is a feature left over from debugging providers?

Reducing the redundant/unnecessary question overhead is a major usability
issue.
It is very annoying not to be asked about stuff one cares about, but it is
also very annoying to be asked about stuff one already took care of.

Thomas.