sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:04:44 +0200

On Thursday 21 December 2006 01:23, Eric Sandall wrote:
<snip>
> We do have defaults, at least for queries, but not optional dependencies
> (though those can be set by using `sorcery default add ...`.
>
> Perhaps another Sorcery feature would be to 'silence' queries/optional
> dependencies which have already been answered. If you enabled this
> option, you wouldn't be asked to continue using xorg to provide X11-LIBS
> *unless* you used -r when casting. Would that work?

I think it shouldn't be an extra option, but that the provider re-prompts
shouldn't be asked at all if -r is not used. A recast should skip all
pre-answered prompts the same way it does for config_queries now. (Maybe if
that would become the standard there could then be an option to re-prompt
only the provider queries. Maybe a family of -r related options, where one
could specify a list of those prompts he/she wants t)

I remember there being a bug filed for this, but I can't seem to find it.
Perhaps it's still missing. At least there's #13193 which I filed requesting
the same thing for init script prompts (though this won't be changed until
init script processing is moved to the grimoires, #13196).

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]