sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] first experiences and problems

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] first experiences and problems
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:09:15 -0600

On Dec 01, Seth Alan Woolley [seth AT positivism.org] wrote:
> > Then I had some strange moments with various packages... probably
> > because I didn't think that scribe puts a new grimoire in front of the
> > line (I added test and somehow thought that there would be some
> > further action needed to activate it or make it even the default
> > place).
>
> Using test is ensured to give you problems :) If you use scribbler, you
> can negotiate using different parts of different grimoires.

I think his main point is that 'scribe add foo' puts foo at the top of the
list, which I agree is somewhat unintuitive. At the least scribe.8 could
be a bit more explicit on this.

> > Tk failed to compile with missing tclInt.h although I installed tcl
> > successfully before that. Reinstalling `cast -r tcl tk` got it
> > magickally. Then I wanted Midnight Commander, whose install failed
> > because someone made a file called /usr/man/man1... removed that file
> > and install was OK.
>
> a "gaze from /usr/man/man1" would have found the culprit package. If
> you can run that and let me know what spell caused the problem, I can
> file a bug on it (or you can file your own bug: bugs.sourcemage.org).

There will be two parts to this, one is that it's installing to /usr/man
instead of /usr/share/man, which has to get fixed per-package. The other
is going to be that it's probably using install(1) without checking that
the destination directory exists. The fix for this WRT to the man pages is
bug 10067. See also bug 10064.

> > Then I wanted to play some doom (could there be a legacy doom spell??)
> > in the incarnation of prboom. That needs guilib. But guilib cannot
> > install because it has wrong md5 sum. I found a posting concerning
> > this (guilib guys changed file w/o changing version) and tried the
> > version in test grimoire with new md5 sum, but now it's the gpg check
> > that fails!
>
> If you haven't updated sorcery, sometimes the /root/.gnupg folder isn't
> created and the gpg check fails.
>
> You might also have a bad download summon -d <spell> causes it to
> redownload.

No, it's broken:

% gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /var/lib/sorcery/codex/test/gurus.gpg
/var/lib/sorcery/codex/test/libs/guilib/GUIlib-1.1.1.tar.gz.sig
Detached signature.
Please enter name of data file: /var/spool/sorcery/GUIlib-1.1.1.tar.gz
gpg: Signature made Wed Nov 16 00:20:26 2005 CST using RSA key ID 38D489C7
gpg: BAD signature from "Eric Sandall (sandalle) (Source Mage GNU/Linux
Signing Key) <eric AT sandall.us>"