sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Upgrade to tar 1.13.92 (testing grimoire)

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Ondra Tomecka <otom7630 AT lucy.troja.mff.cuni.cz>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Upgrade to tar 1.13.92 (testing grimoire)
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:27:00 +0100 (CET)

It's just that some people have only limited power in their machines, so
they cannot perform complete rebuild of system and work on the computer at
the same time, so the rebuild simply takes some time. So oif you decide it
is time to rebuild your system after significant change (like upgrade from
2.4.x to 2.6.x) to make sure everything works, you just update sorcery,
all grimoires, and cast spells when you can. And if you have bad luck, you
just hit the bad spot in the timeline where grimoire contains broken
spell.

I really appreciate the amazing work SM Team did and is doing every day, I
just wanted to let other users know there exists such a risk so they won't
have to suffer the same problems. As it showed up, I prevented at least
one user from this problem, which is good thing. It is true that I could
have corrected it by myself by updating grimoire immediately and remain
silent, but then Robin would run into the same problem unnecessarily. It's
great to know that broken spell has been fixed in matter of hours, but
I think it is even better to let others know there was such serious
problem so they don't hit it, even by their own fault.

Bah, unnecessary moralizing, just ignore it and we may all be happier ;-)

Thanx to all SM people for their excellent work
Andy