sm-users - [SM-Users] Upgrade to tar 1.13.92 (testing grimoire)

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Ondra Tomecka <otom7630 AT lucy.troja.mff.cuni.cz>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Upgrade to tar 1.13.92 (testing grimoire)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:24:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I just noticed very serious trouble with tar 1.13.92: it seems not to
understand option --no-recursion, which causes big troubles when cast
creates spell cache. Many spells want to add /usr directory to the cache,
and as tar ignores --no-recursion, it adds WHOLE CONTENTS of /usr instead
only directory itself. So when you cast more spells with one command, all
the hell may break loose and you end up with disk full of corrupted spell
caches which contain only part of /usr directory and nothing of the spell
itself. Trying to do sorcery rebuild would most probably end in total mess
with this tar...

Just to let all of you know, I already filled bug for this.

Hope this will prevent some disasters ;-)
Andy