sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] An idea to improve our ability to include new spells...

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Jonathan Evraire <evraire AT tuwg.com>
  • To: David Pradier <pradierdavid AT yahoo.fr>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] An idea to improve our ability to include new spells...
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:23:42 +0000 (UTC)

This kind of thing seems relatively easy to do to me... immediate features
that come to mind is an automatic notification of a section maintainer
whenever a spell is "proposed" to their section, along with the ability
for maintainers to "download new spells since their last checkout",
"download a specific spell", "spell approved for devel grimoire" (aka
"remove this spell from proposed"), "reject spell" (with a comment box for
the reason why), etc. Of course there is an inherant security risk as
people could use an invalid email address and submit a trojan as a spell.

In short, this would be possible to do if people think it would be useful.
I'm not sure how long it would take me as I'm not sure how much free time
I would have for this.

(Just brainstorming out loud :)